Self-myofascial release (SMR) has been shown to relieve muscle and joint pains and improve flexibility and range of motion. In this course, you will:
- Understand the fundamentals of self-care through the use of foam rolling
- Understand the anatomical and biomechanical benefits for self -or client-care
- Be able to adopt an easy-to-implement method designed specifically for foam rolling
Participants walk away with practical knowledge and hands-on experience in coaching and cueing movements that can be scaled to all-levels of general health and athletic clients for pre- and post-workout foam rolling.
The concepts covered in the course are:
- Definition of foam rolling along with the history of foam rolling
- The contraindications associated with foam rolling
- Foundations of self-myofascial release
- The terminology associated with self-myofascial release
- Self-Myofascial Release
- Trigger Points
- Foam Rolling
- Anatomical and biomechanical benefits of foam rolling
- TriggerPoint coaching and cueing techniques
- Foam rolling methods appropriate for specific releases along the kinetic chain
- The methods of foam rolling for population-specific programming
- General Wellness
Conducted by: Master Trainers Sufian Yusof and Dominic Lim
Course fee : $290 per pax (inclusive of TriggerPoint GRID Foam Roller and training manual)
Register by: 9 Sept 2017
•CECs: ACE – .4 CECs, NASM – .4 CEUS, AFAA – 3.4 CEUs, CanFitPro (FIS, PTS) – 2 CECs, BOC – 3.5 CEUs
To enquire or register, contact us.
Download our e-brochure here.